by Win Bassett
* Luke Johnson tried to draft 20 poems by the end of December. See how it did!
* Helen Vitoria‘s poetry collection, Corn Exchange, has been nominated for a 2014 IPPY (Independent Publisher Book Award)
* More on new bookshop in Durham, NC: http://t.co/x3asQ5wQbz
* PJ Williams received a Pushcart nomination from Crab Creek Review for his poem “Roots.”
* Latest issue of Town Creek Poetry from our friend William Wright is out!
* Friend Michael Robbins as a new poem up at Hazlitt.
* Rebecca Hazelton’s Vow makes The Missouri Review‘s Best Poetry Books of 2013: http://www.missourireview.com/tmr-blog/2013/12/favorite-poetry-books-of-2013/
* Excited to see storySouth‘s own Terry Kennedy at Verse Daily this past month with his poem “New River Breakdown”
* Vouched Books’s Impossible List of Favorite Indie Press Stuff of 2013 (Impossible, indeed!)
* Mary Szybist picks Corey Van Landingham’s Antidote as the best book she read all year. We’re big fans too.
* Brittany Cavallaro’s “A Taxonomy of Sex” featured at Poetry Northwest.
* Our friend Jennine Capó Crucet sold her first novel, Magic City Relic, to St. Martin’s Press (summer 2015 publication date)! She wrote the bulk of the first draft in the 2012 Grinds from April through September!
* January 2014 issue of Thrust Poetry Journal is out.
* Friend Virginia Pye has an op-ed in the New York Times about her new novel, River of Dust.
* Hannah Dela Cruz Abrams has a poem forthcoming in Issue 63.3 of The Carolina Quarterly.
* Hannah Stephenson has a new poem at Memorious!
* We have many friends, including Molly Minturn, who made Boston Review‘s Top Poems of 2013!
* January 2014 issue of Pithead Chapel out today!
Win Bassett‘s writing has appeared in The Atlantic, Los Angeles Review of Books, The Paris Review, Salon, and elsewhere. He’s a former assistant district attorney and serves on the PEN Prison Writing Program Fiction Committee. Follow him on Twitter: @winbassett